Okay...let's face it. There are just some things that are
uncomfortable talking to friends & family about....one of them
is money. This is not a post asking for money...don't worry. :-)
Although in the next few months, we will have 'fundraisers' of
sorts that you might get an email or phone call about asking for
support. Please don't feel that you HAVE to participate.
Follow your heart. :-)
One of the first 'fundraisers' is located on our blog. It's a
win/win kind of thing. :-) Lots of you like coffee. So, if
you buy some coffee from this site, you'll be supporting coffee
growers & children in Ethiopia while helping our adoption fund
in the process. :-) Click on the Just Love Coffee link
to check out all the great coffee they have available.
You see, when we first felt the call to adopt, we didn't know where
we were going. I prayed many times for God to 'give us a sign' about
the country we should adopt from. I've had several dreams over the
past year and a half. In some of the dreams, I would be holding her,
but would NEVER see her face. I would have dreams about laughter
in the house and I would hear the boys laughing but also the laughter
of a little girl. One of the last dreams I had before we put in our
application to our agency was of us meeting our daughter. I saw her
face! I knew where she was! Although I woke up right before I got to
pick her up, it gave me comfort in knowing He was giving us guidance
in which direction we should be looking.
So, this leads me back to the coffee. You see, Ethiopia is still on my
heart. If I could, I would adopt from both China and Ethiopia! I can see
your eyes rolling and hear the deep sigh right now dear. :-) My Godson
was adopted from Ethiopia as well as a couple of other children in our
congregation. Ethiopia will always hold a special place in my heart.
So, in honor of my Godson, E, and the children in Ethiopia who wait
for their forever families, we're supporting this company selling this
coffee. If you've never tried Ethiopian coffee, you're missing
something really good. :-)
If you decide to buy some coffee, thank you. If not, that's okay. We
appreciate you stopping by. :-)
1 comment:
YAY for fundraising! :)
Post a Comment