Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day. So many emotions....years ago, this day would
have left me sad as I had thought I would be a mom only to
find out that I wouldn't. That happened twice, then God blessed
me with two wonderful boys.

I grew up with a sister. When J was born, I didn't know what
I was doing. I mean, I didn't grow up with a brother...what was I
going to do with a boy?! All I knew about were dolls and playing
school. I knew nothing of toy cars and trains. I've since
learned to play with toy cars, build things with lego's, and have
an occasional battle with a light saber. :-) Oh how God has
blessed me with these two boys!

As I sit here this evening, my heart is a little empty. You see,
we are awaiting an addition to our family...a little girl. :-)
I know where she is, I just don't know who she is...yet.
Even though I don't 'know' her, my heart longs to hold
her. Last March, I bought this bunny. I don't know why I felt
compelled to buy this bunny on that day. Maybe it was the day
she was born. All I know is that I felt a push to buy this bunny
and name it Hope. I remember crying while putting it's little heart
in with the stuffing and making a wish (according the lady at the
stuffing station). I didn't 'make a wish', but I did pray that God
would guide us in the timing for our adoption and and for Him to
watch over our little girl until the time we would be together.
This bunny will be sent to her when we mail her her first
care package. :-)

So as I sit here this evening very thankful for the blessings
that He's given me, I look forward to the day I get to play with
toy cars (which have turned into real go-karts and I only watch
the boys drive them), build things with lego's, have the occasional
light saber fight or n*erf gun battle, AND co-host tea parties. :-)

2 comments:

Heather Yoreo said...

Love it! Yes, I'm certain your little girl will join right in with her brothers the way ours does! Tiger Go-Karts and Tea Parties...perfect! 8)

DebM said...

I love this post!